Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baby It's COLD Outside!!!

Let me just start off by saying that tonight, the air temp here is supposed to be -30...that's right, you read right...NEGATIVE 30 DEGREES! Then add on the windchill and it could get as low as NEGATIVE 50 DEGREES! Plus, we just got about 6 more inches of snow dumped on us! Geesh...we need to move! I am sooooooo over winter right now! Anyway, because it's been so darn cold, Reese and I have been catching some MAJOR cabin fever. We needed to get OUT OF THE HOUSE so decided to hit up the Kirby Science Center at the Washington Pavilion recently. Our friends Emily and Ruthie gave us a pass there for Christmas and so we thought it would be fun to take the girls on an outing. Now, if you know me well, you know I'm a bit of a germ-a-phob and have been pretty reluctant to take Reese out too much due to the nasty cold and flu season, but quite frankly, we needed a change of scenery! Luckily it wasn't too busy and the girls were able to kind of run and explore without having to fight through a crowd of kids. I think both Reese and Ruthie loved it and I'm excited to go back!










The hot air balloon was Reese's favorite part. She's obsessed with balloons. Hey, who isn't really? :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Good cold day activity. By the way - I LOVE the main pic you have up of Reese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so refreshing for both you and Reese to get out. I'm so happy you decided to go and create new memories with your sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete