Sunday, April 4, 2010

St. Patty's Day Surprise

I love St. Patty's Day! I have some Irish blood in my family that runs deep, so we usually like to partake in the St. Patty's Day festivities to celebrate our heritage. I definitely want Reese to get in on this so I decided to whip her up some green mac-n-cheese in honor of the holiday. She totally dug it! It looked unappealing, but she wasn't afraid. When we were little, my mom used to put little green freckles on our faces with a toothpick and green food coloring on St. Patty's Day. I was a little annoyed by it then, but have come to love the fact that she did that to us. I didn't give Reese the freckles this year just because I feared it would have looked more like face paint than freckles, but don't worry...her time will come! For now though, she'll just have to stick to green mac-n-cheese.










1 comment: