Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving.

As we approach one of my favorite holidays, Thanksgiving, it's only natural for me to take some time to reflect on the things I am thankful for. I will be honest...while I thought I felt thankful last year at this time, I don't think I really had the deep thankfulness and joy I feel this year. Just to mention a few things I am thankful for...
*I am thankful for our loving Father, who shows me His love and mercy every single day.
*I am thankful for my amazing husband, who would do anything for me and Reese and always makes me laugh.
*I am thankful for our perfectly darling daughter, who lights up my life in a way I never knew possible.
*I am thankful for my family. We love all of you and when I say we could not do it without you, I whole-heartedly mean that.
*I am thankful for the advances there have been in medicine and our care team. Because of these advances and our awesome care team, Reese is healthy and able to live a "normal" life!
*I am thankful for my friends. I truly could not have ask for better friends and love and appreciate each one of you.
*I am thankful for all of the CF mommies I have been able to connect with. Ladies...you are sometimes the only reason I don't have a nervous breakdown or go completely insane! It's such a blessing to be included in the network of friends I have found in these fabulous moms.
*I am thankful for all of the BEYOND BELIEVABLE support we had for Team Reese this year. What an honor to have so many in our corner.
Ok...it's starting to sound like I'm making a speech at the Academy Awards so I will stop there but I just wanted to touch on some of the most important things I am thankful for...although rest assured, the list is plentiful!

Along the lines of CF mommies...in the beginning of November I was able to go on a mini-vacation to Mesa, AZ to visit my closest longtime friend from my childhood, Shannon, and I had the opportunity to meet in person one of my most cherished CF mom's, Rachel. I met Rachel through Shannon when Reese was first diagnosed. I have mentioned her on this blog before and I just hold such a special place in my heart for her and love her to pieces. Her little guy Asher, who is 3, also has CF. We had so much fun together and it was such a joy to spend time with Shannon and her family as well.


My forever friend, Rachel!


Shanny, Rachel and me


A toast to friendship! Love you, Shannon!


The view from the top of Camelback Mountain...STUNNING!


Tough girls...some things never change.

Happy Thanksgiving 2010...I hope you all find much to be thankful for!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Emily, I'm SO thankful for you and your friendship!! I wish Shannon could have just introduced us instead of us having the common bond of having kids with cf, but I'm so thankful we have each other to lean on. Reese is blessed to have you as her mommy fighting for her life. I'm sure today there are many people who are thankful to God for you, and I'm one of them. Love you.

    ReplyDelete