Thursday, June 30, 2011

June Happenings...

** I PROMISE I WILL POST AND UPDATE ABOUT OUR WALK VERY SOON! I'M STILL WORKING ON FINAL NUMBERS AND ORGANIZING PICTURES. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!!! I PROMISE...IT'S AWESOME! **

Ok, so now...being the last day of June, I figured it's time to share a little about what we've been up to this month. We started June off with a bang at our Great Strides walk...see above statement...more to come later. But, I will share a picture of our fabulous Team Reese, just as a teaser.













What an awesome day!

We also had the pleasure of celebrating our dear, sweet, friend Ruthie's 2nd birthday! She had a "Princess Party" which fits her perfectly...she's basically obsessed with anything Princess...it's pretty adorable! All the kids dressed up in their best Princess gear and looked so stinkin' cute! Plus, the party was at the park so the kids had a blast playing as well as celebrating Miss Ruthie!













The beautiful birthday girl!













Reese and Ruthie doing their favorite thing..."winging"













Reese and Alexis enjoying the slide!













Weeeee!













Ruthie getting a new Princess dress! Yay! She immediately had to put it on! ;)













Handsome Prince Cooper













The Royal Guests

What says summer fun better than a hometown celebration?!? We had so much fun with the Boehnke's celerating good ol' Tea Pot Days!!! Reese and Taylor loved the parade (and more importantly, the candy!) and also the fun BBQ and live music in the park. I forsee many Tea Pot Days celebrations in our future! I adore small towns!













All ready for the parade













Got a rock in my shoe...













Sweet Taylor enjoying some snacks

My grandparents celebrated their 65 wedding anniversary....oh how I love them and their example of love they have shown me. My grandma's health has started to fail and she has been suffering with the onset of Alzheimers...it's been so difficult to watch and my heart breaks for my grandpa. 65 years together and they are still so in love. With some assistance, Grandma is still doing ok and Grandpa takes such good care of her. I love how they are still able to tease each other and giggle together after all these years. We so enjoyed our day together. It was also Father's Day and Kevin and I took Reese to the park in Emery for a bit...pretty sure the playground equipment is the same as it was when I was little. :)













My grandma and Reese playing with Hilda, my sister and my old cabbage patch doll that my grandma bought for us when we were kids to play with at her house. Of course she kept her in mint condition, so she still looks perfect. Katie and I loved visiting grandma and grandpa and playing with Hilda!













Happy 65 years together...













Playing Mr. Potato Head


















Happy Father's Day


















Love the park













Seriously, still the same chicken :)













And the same swings...

Some other things we've been doing: Reese took a Toddler Art class at the Washington Pavilion (which I failed to get ANY pictures of...ugh...disgusting), but it was pretty cute! We have lots of art projects we are very proud of! We have also spent some time catching some rays at the pool (again, no pictures...booo) and playing at the park and zoo. We love being outside! And...we've begun the process of potty training. Nothing too serious yet, but hopefully in July we can hit it hard. She seems to be ready, but we shall see. But, I do have a cute picture of her on the potty, reading a magazine.


















Hee hee!

Now onto July! Yay...we LOVE summer!

1 comment:

  1. You have the BEST team, Em!!! Oh, I just love that picture of Reese riding the same chicken you used to! And, good luck with the potty training!! You will feel like you conquered the world when she masters it :).

    ReplyDelete